Thursday, July 23, 2009

No place like home

It's a moment in life that I never want to repeat again as long as I live. I'm sure plenty of you have been there and can sympathise. My Hound went missing. It was awful.

Thankfully, four and a half hours later he returned but was covered in bug bites, scratches and all kinds of crap from the woods. Where he went we'll never know. I'm just glad he's home.

But it got me thinking about something our dog trainer told us about how hounds typically follow their noses and easily get too lost to find their way home again. So how did he find his way back? Was it pure determination to return to the ones he loves and who love him so completely and unconditionally? Or was it just luck?

Whatever helped him find his way back, I'm thankful for it.

Photobucket

No comments: