Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Cheer

I belong to a Mom's group in my local town and I love it. I thoroughly recommend it for all Moms who are looking for a support network. I've made some great friends and experienced some things that I never would have considered doing on my own. I've also learned a lot about life in America and the cultural differences between parenting here and back in the UK. (I have to say, I did avoid the Trunk or Treat at Halloween, as I fear the idea of kids and candy in the same sentence!) My confidence grows every time I meet these incredible people and I feel so privileged to know them.

Somebody from the group set up a 'secret Santa' exchange on-line and each week we receive a small gift from our 'Santa Mom'. I however, have two Mutts that have a bad chewing habit (they are still puppies and training is in progress) and when I looked out of my living room window yesterday to check on them while they were in the yard, I caught one of them chewing on a shiny red ribbon. I was so upset.

Luckily, it turned out OK, I received my gift in the mail today, but I can't shake the feeling of disappointment I had when I thought the dogs had destroyed my gift. Why? Because I am so grateful that somebody has put their time, love and thought into helping me feel more at home at Christmas time. So whoever that Mom is, I just want to say thank you. I feel like it's Christmas eve and I'm waiting for Santa to come all over again. It's been a long time since I've felt that way! You've truly made my Christmas and I appreciate you. Happy Holidays!

No comments: