Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hello 2009

It's nearly the New Year and so I have decided to jot down my resolution. I'm usually pretty bad at sticking to new years resolutions, but I figure it's because the ones I choose are boring and meaningless and wouldn't benefit me, even if I did stick to them. To combat this, I have thought a lot about the things that are important to me all year, every year and how I can better myself because of them this year.

This year, I am going to start building a platform for my career. 2009 is going to be a big year for me and my writing - I'm going to really make it happen. It's important to me and I know it will benefit my family immensely. I want to be a role model for my Son. Somebody that he may aspire to be like when he's older. I want to be able to save for his education and help him along his chosen career path. I want to be a wife that my husband can be proud of. Somebody that he can come home to and hang out with and so that we can wind down together of an evening. I want to feel like I'm accomplishing my goals, like I'm fulfilling my dreams.

What's fantastic about this resolution is that it's ongoing. It starts in 4 hours and continues on through years of writing to come. Bring on 2009, I'm ready to get started!

No comments: