Monday, January 5, 2009

We're on a roll

Little one got a new stroller yesterday. Today he took it out for a test drive. It's light weight, easy to maneuver and looks good. Trouble is, I can't see my little man anymore. He's forward facing, exploring his surroundings in a whole new way. I miss him. I miss seeing his gorgeous little face, looking up at me for reassurance. I miss being able to see his response to the world. I miss his smiles.

To be fair, I can see the top of his head, turning in various directions as we glide down the isles at the grocery store. I can see his little feet kicking with excitement and his arms reaching out for to grab the things that interest him. I can hear him gurgling and babbling with delight at his freedom.

Isn't it funny how it's the small things like this that get me so choked up and throw me completely off-guard?

No comments: