Saturday, January 24, 2009

Postman

I have two puppies whom I refer to as 'the beasts'. They are hilarious and highly mischievous. They are also my babies and I love them more than you will ever know.

Black Lab puppy sat in my yard the other day howling, growling, barking and snarling. This terrified me as I thought we had an intruder. I went out to see what was going on and noticed that he was going crazy at next door's driveway. I couldn't see anything and went back inside, trying to coax him into coming in with me. He wouldn't budge. His teeth were gleaming with fury in the cold, hard snow. I tried bribing him with treats, but he refused to come inside.

It took 2 hours before he stopped. My neighbour had returned home and stopped at the place where the puppy had seen his nemesis. It was a parcel that the mail man had left in the driveway as it was too icy to drive up to the house.

He finally gave in and came in for treats.

No comments: