Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sleepy Sheep

It's official, I'm tired. I am what I call a 'sleepy sheep'. My son woke me at 6.30am, but was easily comforted again by his pacifier. Then he woke me at 7.30 and although my eyes were open, my brain was still snoring. It has been all day. My eyes are heavy and there isn't enough caffeine in the world to keep me alert enough to sit through a conversation. Man I miss my pillow.

Little one is just as grumpy and fragile today. It's a clash of the titans, who can moan and scream the loudest. I moan and grizzle, he wails and screams. I want to be left alone, he wants to be held - Constantly. I need my space, he needs my space too. And so do the dogs. And so does the outside world. Hubby will be home from the office shortly and he'll more than likely jump on the band wagon also.

Still, we live to fight another day (as well as our alarm clocks) and that's what really matters. Hopefully tomorrow the little dude and I will be full of energy, ready to go. Until then, as my Mom used to say as she turned out the lights, 'Don't let the bed bugs bite!

No comments: