Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Coconut Custard Pie

My son had his first ever bout of mischief today. My husband and I went out for dinner at our local diner (I ate waaaay to much pie) and little one decided he wanted what we were having. As he reached desperately for the Cola I thought to myself, 'I should probably start baby-proofing the house over the next couple of weeks and, Sugar + caffeine do not equal bed time!' I could play defence in any hockey team, given the measures I took to avoid a spillage.

As our meals neared the table, little one's eyes lit up. Uh oh, here we go. it's time to defend our dinner! Luckily, he lost interest and decided that sleep was what he wanted, but I couldn't help but wonder, was I like this when I was his age? Did I commando crawl across the table to learn about the joys of coconut custard pie? I'm pretty sure I did. I'm also pretty sure that once little one finally gets within reach of my dessert, he's gonna love it! Until then however, make mine Al a mode. . .

No comments: