Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday blues

Little Dude is turning one next month, so naturally we have decided to have a small party to celebrate. After finding the perfect invitation and sending it online, I feel like I've been punched in the gut. My little guy is nearly one and I have no idea where this year has gone. It feels like yesterday when I held him in my arms for the first time. Now he's walking around the furniture and playing patty-cake with me.

If I hear one more person say "next thing you know, he'll be asking you for your car keys" I'm going to scream. Not only because it's annoying, but because I feel like the time is slipping away and I have no idea where it's going.

Still, I love watching him learn and develop. I love catching glimpses of his little personality. I love that he is now able to crawl over to me and climb into my arms for snuggles. I guess it's all just a part of growing up - not just for a kid, but for a Mama too.

No comments: