Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mystical Hair

I've always been conscious of my style and the way I look, which is why when I walked out of the salon a year ago I was mortified that the stylist had turned me into a member of an 80's rock band. Just give me my hot pink, electric guitar and I'll be on my way.

It's taken a year to grow it out to a reasonable length from which I can start to repair the damage. Don't get me wrong, I have had it trimmed during that time, but today I was finally able to wave good bye to the worst hairstyle I've ever had to endure.

There is something so liberating about watching locks of hair fall to the ground and emerging from the salon feeling like a new person. Today was no exception. In fact, today it was even more poignant. I actually felt my age again. After carrying around all of those excess years in a ponytail it was a huge relief to be able to wear my hair down and look like I belong in the 21st century.

Finding a good stylist can be a mission for most women and I've certainly paid my dues. But now I can honestly say that after 19 months of looking for that perfect hair cut, I found it. Mama- welcome to the new millennium!

If you're still looking for that perfect stylist, give Monique and Dana a try at the Mystic Salon and Spa, in Mystic, CT! More details to follow. . .

No comments: